Peanut Butter Chocolate Chip Cookies
Printable Recipe: PEANUT BUTTER CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIES
2/3 C. peanut butter (crunchy or smooth)
2/3 C. roasted pecans
1 ½ C. chocolate chips (best quality, milk or bittersweet)
1 ½ C. flour
2 tsp. baking soda
½ t. kosher salt
¾ C. sugar
¾ C. firmly packed light brown sugar
1 C. (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
2 tsp. vanilla extract
2 large eggs
1 C. thick cut oats
½ C. ground oats (grind in food processor or blender)
- Mix flour, baking soda and salt in small bowl.
- Add pecans to food processor, pulse to chop.
- Add peanut butter, eggs and vanilla to food processor; process just until blended, do not over process or cookies won’t be tender.
- Place butter and sugars in large bowl; beat with electric mixer until fluffy.
- Add peanut butter mixture and oats to butter/sugar mixture; mix at high speed for one minute.
- Add chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Cover and chill for three hours.
- Roll into balls about the size of golf balls. (Some or all can be frozen at this point; cover a tray with wax paper, lay balls on tray and freeze; when frozen, place in freezer bag. To bake, place frozen balls on parchment covered cookie sheet, thaw and bake.)
- Line cookie or baking sheet with parchment paper, place about 2” apart, and bake at 375° for 10-12 minutes, rotating baking sheets halfway through.
- Cool on baking sheets 2 minutes, transfer to wire racks to cool completely.